DE UnderwritersWe are seeking a DE Mortgage Underwriter with 3+ years experience in Orange County, valid DE (CHUMS) and/or a VA LAPP/SAR designation is required.
We are a continuously expanding mortgage lender searching for experienced Conventional, FHA and VA underwriters for our corporate office in Irvine.
- Review and evaluate borrower profile including all income documentation, tax returns, credit reports, preliminary report, judgments, bankruptcy documents and appraisals
- Analyze and calculate income documentation such as personal and business income statements; ensure all necessary documentation is requested to support final loan decisions
- Exercise good judgment, conduct reasonableness tests and issue quality decisions
- Determine accuracy and completeness of files; ensure consistent processes
- Demonstrate proficiency in automated underwriting systems
- Maintain established service level standard of decisions within a 48-hour time frame
- Communicate regularly with sales team, processing department and management
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 current underwriting experience as DE(FHA) and/or VA underwriter.
- A valid DE (CHUMS) and/or a VA LAPP/SAR designation
- Computer literate
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent understanding of credit
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working knowledge with DU/LP/FHA Connection
- Able to work in the U.S.
We offer a competitive compensation structure and benefits. Variant Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer.